Calificación:
  • 0 voto(s) - 0 Media
Let’s take a look back at how teams around the l
eague fared on day 1 of the NFL Draft"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections 49ers Salary CapLevi’s Stadium Events49ers Transactions49ers Injury News49ers Press Conferences & Conference CallsNFL Draft2019 NFL Draft: 49ers picks https://www.49ersfanshop.com/Jerick-Mckinnon-Jersey , mock drafts, news, rumors, analysisWinners and losers from around the NFL on Day 1 of the draftNew,33commentsLet’s take a look back at how teams around the league fared on day 1 of the NFL DraftPDTShareTweetShareShareWinners and losers from around the NFL on Day 1 of the draftChristopher Hanewinckel-USA TODAY SportsIt’s hard to believe that NFL Draft is not only upon us but the first day is already in the books. We're going to take a moment to identify winners and losers from yesterday’s opening round because, well, we saw some really solid selections but also some head-scratchers (to put it lightly). Here are your “losers” and “winners” from the 1st round:LosersApr 25, 2019; Nashville, TN, USA; Daniel Jones (Duke) is selected as the number six overall pick to the New York Giants and poses for a photo with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell during the 2019 NFL Draft in Downtown Nashville. Mandatory Credit: Kirby LeeKirby Lee-USA TODAY SportsNew York GiantsDave Gettleman is calling the shots now in New York and, well, it’s safe to say that things are off to a rocky start. This offseason has provided the NYG fanbase with the opportunity to see the front office trade away arguably the best receiver in the league (while in his prime, mind you), took a $20 million cap hit in the process, and then selected Duke quarterback Daniel Jones with the 6th overall pick. That’s a way to do things.The Giants had a couple of other selections in the first round (Dexter Lawrence, DT, #17 and Deandre Baker, CB, #30) which may pan out but, if we’re being honest, this league is driven by quarterbacks. To make such a questionable selection that high when you still had the likes of Dwayne Haskins on the board (more on him later) and Drew Lock falling to round 2...it kind of just makes you wonder what New York is doing.Grade: C-Atlanta FalconsAnother collection of questionable picks in the first round for a team who could have honestly done better. The Falcons filled some holes on the offensive line by drafting Chris Lindstrom (OG, #14) and Kaleb McGary (OT, #31) - problem is, though, that they left some seemingly better talent on the board. Cody Ford and Jawaan Taylor could have both been had by Atlanta and would have been upgrades over Lindstrom and McGary. Obviously these prospects could develop into fine players but, as things stand now, it’s a swing and a miss for the Falcons.Grade: D+Arizona CardinalsWhen it comes to drafting in the NFL there is a balance between drafting for need and drafting the best-available player. If things go well then both of those things will line up and the player you select will fill a need and, hopefully, will be the best player available on your board when it comes to your selection. Arizona DeForest Buckner Jersey , having the 1st overall pick in the NFL Draft, picked a player who may turn out to be fine but it’s hard to stop thinking about what could have been. Again, this a quarterback driven league so I understand the importance of getting “your guy” and, so, it appears as though new head coach Kliff Kingsbury has his in Kyler Murray. The thing is this is now the second year in a row the Cardinals have picked a quarterback in the top 10 of the draft. I’ve been watching Oklahoma football since I was a kid (Boomer Sooner) but, I've got to be honest: I never thought Murray was worthy of the first overall pick. Time will tell, but this one is iffy at best. And now they have to flip second year quarterback Josh Rosen for some value, which means that last year’s draft is now a bust.Grade: CWinnersWashingtonTalk about a day! There was talk of Washington trading up to #5 overall to snag Dwayne Haskins based on the idea that everyone thought that could have been an option for the Giants at #6. Not only did New York pass over him, but so did 10 other teams. Haskins fell to #15 which means that Jay Gruden got his guy and they didn’t even have to trade away draft assets to do it. Major victory right there. Also, trading back into the end of the first round to select highly-talented EDGE rusher Montez Sweat (#26 overall) definitely helps bolster what seems to now be a team on the rise.It’s going to be fun to see Haskins stick it to the Giants for the next decade or so.Grade: AApr 25, 2019; Nashville, TN, USA; Quinnen Williams (Alabama) is selected as the number three overall pick to the New York Jets in the first round of the 2019 NFL Draft in Downtown Nashville. Mandatory Credit: Christopher HanewinckelChristopher Hanewinckel-USA TODAY SportsNew York JetsMuch like San Francisco, there was talk that the Jets would have been interested in trading back in the draft. They didn’t, though, and that should be alright because they selected arguably the best player in the draft in defensive lineman Quinnen Williams out of Alabama. He could've gone #1 overall and nobody would’ve batted an eye. He now joins the ranks of an up-and-coming team looking to make its mark in a division that, outside of New England, is wide open.Grade: A+Denver BroncosJohn Elway drafted for the present by not selecting a quarterback at #10 overall. Personally I don’t think drafting quarterbacks in the first round has really suited him well. Instead, swapping their 1st rounder with Pittsburgh’s (#20 overall) also netted them a 2nd round pick this year and a 3rd round pick next year. Denver then, again, passed on a quarterback at #20 and went with one of the best receiving tight ends in the draft, Noah Fant. And guess what? Drew Lock is still available. So is Ryan Finley. I’d say Denver did a swell job in, like I said, drafting for the present but still giving themselves options to build for the future.Grade: A-What are your thoughts after day 1 of the NFL Draft? Did we leave anyone out? Let us know in the comments below! SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) — San Francisco coach Kyle Shanahan took only a cursory look at Josh Rosen in his draft preparation last spring because the 49ers already had franchise quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo in place.Shanahan studied Rosen a lot more closely this week after the rookie made his first career start in the NFL. Now he has to face him when the Arizona Cardinals (0-4) visit the 49ers (1-3). Shanahan came away impressed, even though Rosen threw for only 180 yards and one touchdown in a 20-17 loss to Seattle.“He’s a very good thrower. He made some very good throws in that game,” Shanahan said. “They definitely, I believe, should have won that game. They had two big ones that were dropped Garry Gilliam Color Rush Jersey , I think two touchdowns. It was impressive. So, as similar to college, we know we’re going against a good player. He definitely helps them.”Arizona needs plenty of help as the NFL’s only winless team. The Cardinals have lost their first four games for the first time since 1986 — two years before they moved from St. Louis to the desert.The Cardinals’ 37 points are their fewest after four games since 1945 and the fewest in league since Jacksonville had 31 in 2013. Arizona has gained only 834 yards with Sam Bradford and Rosen at quarterback, tied for the fewest in the NFL after four games since the expansion Texans had 774 in 2002.The lack of early success hasn’t shaken the confidence Rosen gained in college at UCLA when he played well enough to become the 10th overall pick in this year’s draft.“I’m a very confident person,” he said. “Even if I have no reason to, I’ll find a way to fool myself into going out there with full confidence that we’re going to win every single game we play. Every time I step on the field, I expect to throw a touchdown or hand off a touchdown or lead the team to the end zone in some way. In my head, if I don’t, it’s a surprise and something’s wrong and we’ve got to fix it so that we do next time.”Here are some other things to watch:HARD HITSNiners QB C.J. Beathard took a beating once again last week in his first start after Garoppolo went down with a season-ending injury. Beathard was sacked once and took nine hits in a loss at the Chargers behind a makeshift offensive line hurt by knee injuries to tackles Joe Staley and Mike McGlinchey. Center Weston Richburg is also nursing a knee injury this week, leaving major questions for the 49ers. Beathard took 19 sacks and 57 hits in five-plus games as a rookie last year.“He played in a number of games last year where the O-Line was pretty beat up. That happened to him a couple days ago, also,” Shanahan said. “I think he’s gotten better knowing where people are, faster with it. That happens the more you play in a system.”FITZ VS 49ERSLarry Fitzgerald has more receiving yards against San Francisco (2,169) than he does against any other opponent. Only Jerry Rice has more yards receiving against a single opponent: 2,731 vs. the Falcons and 2,551 against the Rams. With a touchdown catch, Fitzgerald would have 18 TD receptions against the 49ers and 18 against the Rams, more than any active player against a single opponent. A touchdown catch also would be Fitzgerald’s 111th, tying him with Tony Gonzalez for seventh on the NFL career list.KITTLE EMERGESNiners second-year TE George Kittle is emerging as a reliable target. He ranks third among all tight ends with 316 yards receiving this season after catching six passes for 125 yards, including an 82-yard TD last week. His 316 yards this year are more than he had in any of his four college seasons at Iowa, where he was teammates with Beathard.STILL KICKINGArizona kicker Phil Dawson will become the 11th player in NFL history to appear in 300 games. But that wasn’t what was on his mind all week as he pondered the missed 45-yard field goal that may have cost the team a victory against Seattle.He tried to diffuse the situation a bit with humor, walking around the locker room.“I went around today and said, ‘You want to be encouraged?'” Dawson said. “They said ‘Yeah’ and I said, ‘You could be me this week.'”It did produce a few smiles.“But obviously I’m suffering each and every moment,” Dawson said.FAMILIAR FACESShanahan is quite familiar with Arizona’s style of defense, having gone against Cardinals coach Steve Wilks when Wilks was an assistant in Carolina for many years. Shanahan faced the Panthers six times over the past four seasons, including in his first game as 49ers coach a year ago.“It’s a very aggressive scheme” Shanahan said “It’s always been one of the tougher ones to go against.”
Responder

Salto de foro:

Usuarios navegando en este tema: 1 invitado(s)